Junior Garment Technician
KIVARI is a fast growing Australian women’s fashion label based on Sydney’s Northern Beaches.
Designed by women, for women, KIVARI is known for its distinctive aesthetic, unique pieces, effortless essentials and flattering silhouettes. Each piece is crafted with the intention of representing and celebrating what it means to be a modern woman of style and purpose.
Founded officially in 2010, KIVARI has grown to be an internationally loved fashion label with a cultlike following. Whilst staying true to founder, Kiki’s original creative vision, the brand has continued to grow and evolve. Today, KIVARI has 2 boutiques across Australia (Byron Bay & Freshwater) with a soon to be third opening in Noosa, a successful online business and an impressive list of luxury doors around the globe.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Garment Technician to join our business and work closely with our Product & Design Teams.
We’re looking for someone detail oriented, organised and with a strong knowledge of garment construction within women’s fashion.
This is a full-time position.
- Creating detailed and accurate Technical Packs including visual POM’s
- Measuring all garments from sampling through to production – ensuring garments are measuring to the spec sheets and a thorough QC is carried out for all garment construction, fabrication, and trims.
- Assisting in fit sessions with our Garment Technician and Designer to ensure quality and finish of garments are of the highset standard, along with updating the Spec Sheets and communicating all fit comments with our offshore suppliers
- Work closely with the Production and Product development team to support workflow
- Conduct administrative tasks as required
- Technical understanding of fit and garment construction
- Excellent communications skills and a willingness to learn and grow within our team
- Strong organisation and time management skills, along with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excel experience required. Adobe Illustrator experience advantageous
- Diploma in Fashion Technology essential
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role is beneficial
We offer generous clothing allowance & exciting career opportunities.
TO apply, please hit 'apply' and forward us a cover letter & CV addressing the requirements & telling us why you're the perfect fit for Kivari.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.