Our Travel Guide To Paris
Paris is one of the most iconic and romantic cities in the world — and one of KIVARI’s favourite places to visit! As the backdrop to our Autumn ‘23 campaign, ‘Papillon’, we spent some time taking in the food, art, culture — and, of course, shopping — of this vibrant city. We’re so excited to share with you our best recommendations for where to stay, eat, shop and travel in Paris.
Where to stay in Paris
Your options are endless when it comes to finding a place to stay in Paris. Our favourite has to be the Kimpton St Honoré in the heart of the city, which offers stunning views across the rooftops. Stay anywhere in St Germain for the best cafes, hole-in-the-wall bars and fabulous shopping. Other beautiful stays include:
• The Pullman Hotel, for views of the Eiffel Tower
• The Hôtel de Vendôme, for a historic stay (this hotel opened in 1858!)
• The iconic Ritz Paris, for a luxury stay
What to do in Paris
Surrounded by art, history and culture, there are so many things to see and do in Paris. Besides iconic landmarks such as the Eiffel Tower, Louvre and Arc de Triomphe, there are also stunning gardens, palaces and museums.
• Jardin des Tuileries is renowned for its lush gardens, water fountain and amusement park complete with a merry-go-round. In summer, take a ride on its huge Ferris Wheel for breathtaking views across the city.
• Walk along the River Seine and tick off Paris’ major landmarks such as the spectacular Grand Palais, the city’s oldest bridge Pont Neuf and the historic Musée d’Orsay.
• Picnic under the Eiffel Tower with a rug, nibbles and a good bottle of Champagne for a quintessential Paris experience. Golden hour under the bridge is magical and an absolute essential for anyone visiting this city.
Other must-visits are the Notre Dame, Basilica of the Sacré-Coeur and Jardin du Luxembourg.
Where to shop in Paris
Paris is a global shopping destination and is home to some of the most famous brands in the world. The most popular shopping district, Champs-Élysées, is a stone’s throw away from the city centre and is lined with high-end boutiques, luxury brand stores and cafes.
Our favourite shopping had to be in St Germain, with a great mix of high-end boutiques and upcoming designers. It’s also known for its historic feel and is beautiful to walk through.
La Samaritaine is an expansive department store and fabulous shopping precinct, complete with a rooftop restaurant and bar that overlooks the Eiffel Tower, River Seine and the cityscape. Other must-visit shopping destinations are:
• One-stop destination for high-end fashion, Boulevard Haussmann
• A beautiful vintage clothing store, Nuovo Paris
• The renowned Passage Jouffroy shopping arcade
Where to eat
From traditional boulangeries selling croissants and baguettes, to fancy patisseries and Michelin-starred restaurants, you’re spoilt for choice when it comes to finding delicious food in Paris. Be sure to try some of city’s famous dishes, including escargots, coq au vin and crème brûlée. Our top dining recommendations include:
• For a quintessentially Paris experience, you can’t go past Le Recrutement
• Le Pain Quotidien is a gorgeous bakery with a range of organic breads, pastries and savoury dishes
• Enjoy an afternoon treat at the famous Angelina Tea Rooms (try their popular Mont Blanc cake and hot chocolate)
• Dine at the Michelin-starred L'Ambroisie to experience the best of French cuisine
• Look out over the city with haute cuisine and a glass of bubbles at Le Jules Verne, located on the second floor of the Eiffel Tower
What to wear in Paris
Café hop, shop and dine through Paris wearing the Genevieve Mini Dress and Citra Sunglasses.
For an afternoon exploring gardens and reading by a water fountain, wear the Lucie One Shoulder Midi Dress and Isle Pearl Hook Earrings.
Cruise the Seine River in our Mae Mini Dress and Cortez Sunglasses.
For a romantic dinner, picnic under the Eiffel Tower wearing the Chloe Crop Top and Midi Skirt with your favourite KIVARI jewellery.
For days spent wandering the art galleries, historic churches and cafes of Paris, wear the Margaux Maxi Dress with lace-up walking sandals.