A Page in Our Passport:
Calpe, Spain Travel Guide
Join us as we recollect on our time in Calpe, Spain, the captivating destination of our RESORT 24’ campaign shoot. A seamless blend of history, natural beauty, architecture and modern charm, Calpe, nestled along the Costa Blanca coastline gave us the complete mediterranean experience. We are excited to share with you a page in our passport, a place for travel inspiration - as we pass on our best recommendations for where to stay, eat and explore in Calpe, Spain.
WHERE TO STAY IN CALPE
The fusion of traditional Spanish culture and the modern atmosphere that engulfs Calpe lends itself to a diverse range of accommodation options available, from luxury hotels and villas with ocean views to cozy guest houses and apartments in the heart of Old Town.
While in Calpe, we stayed at La Muralla Roja - The famous complex is home to several rental apartments, giving you access to the incredible facilities, atmosphere and views the building has to offer.
Some other accommodation suggestions:
• Gran Hotel Sol y Mar - Right on the water and walking distance to Old Town, cafes and restaurants
• Boutique Hotel La Madrugada - Slightly inland, an oasis of calm with exotic gardens and spectacular views over the bay
• Caballito de Mar - Set in the hills near the village of Moraira, lovely gardens and private terraces
WHAT TO DO IN CALPE
• Explore Calpe’s Old Town, filled with charming pebbled streets and hidden squares adorned with vibrant flowers and colour. Immerse yourself in the historical ambiance by visiting iconic landmarks like La Peca Tower and Forat de la Mar Gateway, each echoing the rich tapestry of Calpe's past.
• Discover the allure of Calpe's diverse coastline, where pristine beaches beckon. Among our favourites are Arenal-Bold, La Fossa-Levante, and Cantal Roig. Alternatively, visit some of secluded coves like Banos de la Reine, Calalga, Raco, and Penyal.
• For those seeking adventure, the Penyal D'ifac Natural Park presents a haven for captivating walks, invigorating hikes, and awe-inspiring lookout points, offering a panoramic vista of the surrounding beauty.
• Marvel at Calpe's architectural wonders, notably the unique structures collectively known as "La Manzanera." Designed over two decades by Ricardo Bofill Taller, Xanadu and La Muralla Roja, stand as testament to architectural brilliance, adding a touch of modernity to Calpe's timeless charm.
• The coastline that extends from Valencia to the northern region of Castellon is often referred to as the "Orange Blossom Coast." This picturesque area is renowned for its lush groves of orange trees, offering a delightful abundance of freshly squeezed orange juice and delectable fruit cocktails, a must-try when in the area.
WHERE TO EAT IN CALPE
When in Calpe, immersing yourself in the array of traditional Spanish dishes is a must. The town proudly embraces a vibrant seafood culture, reflecting its coastal identity. Indulge in quintessential Spanish delights, with seafood paella taking centre stage—a dish brimming with vibrant colours and rich flavours that encapsulates the essence of Calpe's culinary charm.
Some dining recommendations include:
• La Ilar de Barbara - We loved this hidden gem in Old Town with incredible Spanish Tapas and Sangria.
• El Chiringuito - Renowned for their Paella and Seafood, with scenic views along the beach foreshore.
• Enigma Wine Kitchen - Situated in the old town, gorgeous setting with incredible traditional dishes.
• Caranbola - Amazing Sushi and Poke Bowls for japanese cuisine lovers.
• Orobianco - Michelin Star restaurant with incredible views.
WHAT TO WEAR IN CALPE
For the days spent by the Mediterranean Sea, pair Isha Swim with a matching Pareo, Playsuit and some slides.
For the sunset drinks and dinner, pair the Isha Ruffle Maxi Dress or Ellie Maxi Dress with some KIVARI Jewellery.
The days spent wandering through the streets of the Old Town, wining and dining, pair the Johannes Tie Shoulder Mini Dress or the Isha Mini Dress with some comfortable, neutral sandals.